This 10.5 hour course is designed for the Beginner to Intermediate User with an emphasis on the User Interface and modeling in the 3D Environment. This course is also Module 1 of the Beginner to Intermediate Full Course.
Please Note: You have 180 days (approx. 6 months) from the time you enroll in this course to when your access will be removed and your progress deleted from the system.
In this Module we will look at all the tools in SketchUp’s native (default) toolbox as well as learn how navigate in the 3D environment. Emphasis is placed on knowing where your tools are located then customizing your User Interface and Preferences. Throughout the course you will be given exercises to practice using the tools and Menu Items to ultimately , in the final exam, dissect a supplied model where all the entities have been joined (massed) and rebuild it into a proper model with Tags, Groups and Components.
- Tour of the User Interface
- Customizing your Work-space
- Lab – “Follow along” Make an Architectural Grid, North Arrow, and Scale
- Installing Plugins & Extensions
- Lecture/Lab – Looking at your new tools
- Lab – “Follow along” Model a small 2 room Interior. Creating a Door, an Arch, Casings, Baseboards and Spindles
- Lecture/Lab – Section Planes, Scenes & Styles
- Lecture/Quiz – Recap followed by the Module Quiz.
A Certificate of Participation is issued upon completion of the lectures and online quizzes. A Certificate of Training will also be issued to those who have submitted assignments for assessment and feedback.